Construction Today - January/February 2013 - (Page 128)

Institutional | FIP CONSTRUCTION INC. FIP Construction's healthcare experience includes emergency room renovations as well as operating rooms and surgical centers. « Client Satisfaction REPEAT CUSTOMERS HAVE BEEN A BIG CONTRIBUTOR TO FIP CONSTRUCTION'S 50 YEARS OF SUCCESS. F IP Construction Inc.'s focus on customer service and the experience of its staff help the company grow its list of repeat clients. The Farmington, Conn.based contractor provides design/build, construction management and general contracting services to clients in the institutional, scientific and commercial sectors. “Drawing upon the experience of our project managers, engineers and superintendents, we are effective in bringing added value to our clients,” the company says. “This is done through innovative value engineering, budgeting, scheduling and permit management during the pre-construction phase, and through purchasing and subcontracting, comprehensive job site management, quality control and safety programming during construction.” FIP Construction is celebrating its 50th anniversary. The majority of the company's 128 CONSTRUCTION-TODAY.COM JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2013 projects are for clients in Connecticut, but it also serves New York and southern Massachusetts. The company has completed more than 625 projects exceeding 25 million square feet during its half-century history. FIP Construction Inc. • Headquarters: Farmington, Conn. • Employees: 72 • Specialty: General contracting “Drawing upon the experience of our project managers, engineers and superintendents, we are effective in bringing added value to our clients.” -FIP Construction Healthcare Specialists Repeat customers are a large part of FIP Construction's overall success. Several of its largest recent projects are with clients for whom FIP Construction had successfully completed past projects. The company estimates that 80 percent of its projects are from repeat clients, with referrals from those clients making up the other 20 percent. FIP Construction took a leading role in several projects at Hartford Hospital in Hartford, Conn., as a part of the hospital's $61 million “HH2020” modernization project. The multiphased project commenced in 2009 with the upgrade of seven hospital entry points and most of the building's public spaces. Work was completed in 2011. “With capital investments going toward medical and IT technologies, we found we were falling behind on our general facility work,” the hospital says. “This not only gave us an oppor- http://www.CONSTRUCTION-TODAY.COM

Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Construction Today - January/February 2013

Construction Today - January/February 2013
Case Studies
Best Practices
Business Management
Green Construction
Construction Materials
Consigli Construction – Wat Nawamintararachutis NMR Meditation Center Thai Buddhist Temple
The Michaels Organization – University Student Living
Clark Builders – The Mustard Seed
JC Beal Construction Inc.
Plaza Construction – ENV
Regalia Beach Developers LLC – Regalia
Batson-Cook Construction – SkyHouse Orlando
Billingsley – Cypress Water Dallas
Jon M. Hall Co.
Pratt Homebuilders
John Moriarty and Associates – Charlesview Residences at Brighton Mills
Daikin America – Plant Expansion Project
Morton Buildings
MSI General Corp.
ClearSpan Fabric Structures
TOPCOR Companies LLC
Coatings Unlimited Inc.
Brencal Contractors Inc.
Del’s Construction Co. Inc. – Cambria Production Facility Expansion
Paric Corp.
Archer Western – Consolidated Courts Complex
Tishman Construction
McCarthy Building Cos. – Mercy Hospital Joplin
University of Maryland Medical System – Trauma Center Expansion
Swinerton Builders – San Joaquin Community Hospital Cancer Center
The Lemoine Company – Lafayette General Medical Center expansion
L.F. Driscoll – Temple University
P. Agnes
FIP Construction Inc.
National Lutheran Communities and Services – The Village at Rockville
Carothers Construction Inc. – Special Operations Command South Headquarters
The Hillman Group
Taylor Woodstone
Tooz Construction Inc.
Woolley’s Classic Suites
Structure Tone – Novo Nordisk Inc. North American headquarters
Gilbane Building Co. – Potawatomi Bingo Casino hotel
Pacific Building Group
Denark Construction – Owensboro-Daviess County Convention and Events Center
Traylor Bros. Inc.
Bobcat Contracting LLC
Reliable Contracting Co. Inc.
Union County and KemperSports – Galloping Hill Golf Course Clubhouse and Learning Center
E.L. Robinson Engineering
INDOT: 1-69 Corridor
Palmetto Corp
Monroe Tractor
Wood's CRW Corp.
Last Look

Construction Today - January/February 2013