Construction Today 2018 - Volume 16, Issue 3 - 51
Hard Rock Sawing & Drilling Specialists
Co. takes pride in working on a wide
variety projects, from homeowners' backyard pools to some of the largest projects
in the Midwest. This is a small selection
of projects in which the company has
provided its expertise and skill:
* Kohl Center, Madison, Wis.
* EPIC Systems, Verona, Wis.
* General Mitchell Airport, Milwaukee
* Dane County Airport, Madison, Wis.
* Wisconsin Institute Medical Research, Madison, Wis.
* Tyson Foods - plants in Florida and
* Mississippi River Lock and Dam,
* Alliant Energy Dam on Wisconsin
River, Prairie Du Sac, Wis.
* Madison Gas & Electric Facility,
* Kimberly Clark Co., Neenah, Wis.
* Neenah Foundry, Neenah, Wis.
The tenure of many of the company's
employees helps ensure Hard Rock's
strength and skill on its diverse projects.
Although Hard Rock is capable of taking
care of homeowners' egress windows and
driveways, it also has lent its expertise
'We have a lot
of field operators who have
been with us
for quite a bit
to some of the highest-profile projects
in the region. For example, the company
performed concrete cutting during a renovation project at the University of Wisconsin's Camp Randall football stadium.
Hard Rock also performed concrete cutting
and core drilling during a renovation at
Lambeau Field, home of the NFL's Green
Hobolich explains the company also is actively involved in a number of Department
of Transportation (DOT) project, such as on
I-94 and I-894 in Milwaukee Country. "We
do a lot of DOT work in the summers, and
quite a bit of it is already going on," he says.
The company is brought on a wide range
of projects because of its reputation and
skills. Hard Rock's professionally trained
operators are dedicated to quality and safe
services on every project the company is a
part of. This has been key in the company's
"I'm really proud that the family and
the company have grown to where they
are now," Hobolich says. "We've come
quite a ways, grown quite a bit, and it's
great to see."
Hard Rock Sawing & Drilling Specialists Co. is a member of the Concrete Sawing and Drilling
Association, and primarily works with road builders, HVAC contractors, utility contractors,
plumbing contractors, electrical contractors, general contractors, the University of Wisconsin,
hospitals, farmers and local homeowners. As a woman and Native American owned and operated company, Hard Rock comes to each project with a number of minority certifications:
* D.B.E. Wisconsin DOT
* M.B.E. State of Wisconsin Department of Administration
* W.B.E. Women-owned business for Wisconsin Department of Administration
* S.B.E. City of Milwaukee
* D.B.E. certified for Illinois transportation projects
* D.B.E. for Iowa DOT and State of Iowa projects
* D.B.E. Michigan DOT
* D.B.E. Minnesota DOT (in progress)
VOLUME 16, ISSUE 3 CONSTRUCTION-TODAY.COM