Construction Today - Volume 16, Issue 2 - 57
"It's all automated processes that have enabled greater capabilities for facilities and
Enterprise Management Construction is
used mostly by construction project managers, site supervisors and construction and
quality field team leads to cost, plan and
report construction progress.
But the goal with the new architectural
changes is to broaden the company's reach
to more end-users.
"This is a big change in terms of having
everything tied together with accounts
payable, receivables, inventory and control
systems," Wiener says. "Those relationships
can get very complicated."
Customer input plays a key role in expanding the functionality of Enterprise
Management Construction. A business
partner advisory committee made up of
existing and potential users was established
to evaluate the system and recommend
changes through surveys and discussions
on workflow and features.
The results of these discussions have
been and will continue to be incorporated
into the upgrades to ensure Sage's Enterprise Management Construction platform
stays on the cutting-edge of technology.
For example, significant effort was placed
on improving customer access to information, decision-making and execution
of those decisions because users said they
wanted to achieve a result in the least
amount of clicks.
"The product is developed by a growing
team that understands the underlying logic
of the system and is capable of creating
the new features that fit seamlessly into its
overall performance," Wiener says.
"Each stop on the Enterprise Management Construction roadmap was selected
because of its value to the client," he continues. "We know what the problems are in the
industry and we're setting up the tools to
solve those problems long-term."
According to Wiener, "Many of the legacy
systems still in use today have not kept pace
with the kind of real-time data collection
and dissemination that Enterprise Management Construction offers."
Faster than Ever, Cont.
* Customer self-service portal
* Integration with customer service management module
Document Management and Transmission Control
* Maintaining documents for the official record
* Integration with third-party collaboration suites
* Document approval for release
* Document transmission
* Approved document/plan distribution to field teams
* Version management
* Comprehensive transmission tracking with date and time stamping
Reporting and Analytics
* Visual key performance indicators
* Real-time reporting and analytics
* Financial reporting with full roll-up and consolidations
* Project work breakdown structure (WBS) visualization
* Earned Value Analysis at multiple levels within the WBS
Workflow and Automated Alerts
* Embedded workflow automation and alerts
* Role-based workspace and dashboards
* Automated project and role-based access controls
Technology and Integration
* Runs in a browser on any device
* Scalable to thousands of users
* Seamless integration to external applications
* Supports Oracle and Microsoft SQL
* Customized integration and development platform
* Pre-built integration with Oracle Primavera and Microsoft Project
* Microsoft Office integration
* Mobile Apps
continuously works to ensure its Enterprise
Management Construction platform remains on
the cutting-edge of technology.
VOLUME 16, ISSUE 2 CONSTRUCTION-TODAY.COM